The secretarial is obliged to submit changes of name, alterations of the constitution, ensure submission of notices, ensure compliance to annual returns; complete transfers of shares, issue share certificate and keep the share register. Other duties of a company secretary are to:
- Be responsible to the Board of the company for preparation of all post incorporation notices including annual returns and changes.
- Be responsible to the Board of the company for issuing all notices of meetings and respond to all enquiries in relation to notices of meetings.
- Maintain a register of shareholders, directors and secretaries.
- Ensure together with the directors, that the company keeps accounting records.
- Maintain an adequate system of record keeping.